Nutrition is fundamental to overall health and well-being.
The NutriSure unit at Surecell Medical [BD] Ltd. is a team of qualified and experienced nutritionists whose primary focus is to educate and assist their clients in reaching their optimum health.
Our nutrition and dietetic team assess dietary intake and provide nutrition advice to help people understand the impact of diet on their health and well-being, helping people live longer, healthier lives.
NutriSure dietitian offers specialized one-to-one dietetic and nutritional advice to individuals. The unit uses a unique multi-disciplined approach which looks at all aspects of patients’ health to achieve their health goals.
In addition to providing dietary services, the NutriSure unit also arranges Nutrition Education in group settings in the community to deliver a common message in a cost effective manner.
The unit adopts a multi-disciplinary and integrative approach to patient care.
NutriSure offers basic nutrition counseling for Lifestyle nutrition
This section is designed for consumers who want to find out more about healthy eating. With so much conflicting information out there, it is easy to become confused about healthy eating. In this section we will take a look at what a healthy diet is and give you some tips about how you can put this into practice.
- Encourage BMI between 19.8-24.9
- Encourage My Pyramid guideline
- Emphasize increased fruits & vegies; low fat choices; variety of foods & label reading
- Stress folic acid supplements for all women of child bearing age
- Stress importance of physical activity
- Follow guidelines in My pyramid
- Suggest healthy alternatives for high consumption of fast foods
- Encourage physical activity
- Follow guidelines established in My Pyramid;
- Recognize the importance of peers’ influence on eating habits;
- Stress importance of adults as a positive influence eating behaviors;
- Understand that growth should be steady during this time frame;
- Watch for eating disorders and problems with weight management;
- Encourage physical activity;
- Iron deficiency anemia can be a problem during this age.
Weight loss is a major trend in today’s society. Unhealthy food is cheap and easy to get, and our lifestyles are increasingly more sedentary as time goes on.
The Weight Management Service is a referral based service which aims to support adults with obesity (BMI 30 or more) to improve their health and wellbeing. The Service is medically led and the team includes a dietitian, psychologist, physiotherapist and nurses.
Overweight is defined as BMI 25 to <30
- Encourage slow, steady weight loss;
- Stress lifestyle changes;
- Encourage physical activity;
- Stress importance of low fat foods and minimal concentrated
- Special Packages for Weight Management
The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic!
The Paleo diet is an eating plan that focuses on consuming minimally processed, nutrient dense foods that promote overall wellness. The paleo diet is largely popular due to its selection of low-glycemic foods. Several studies suggest that this diet can lead to significant weight loss and major improvements in health.
Paleo diet is rich in nutrients
One of the misconception about the Paleo diet is that it’s all about protein and fat. What many don’t realize is that by eliminating nutrient-void processed carbs – I call them fillers – we supplement with loads of vegetables, healthy fats, nuts, seeds, berries and fruit, all of which are full of minerals and vitamins. Combine that with the improved gut health and increased nutrient absorption which happens through avoidance of irritating grains and legumes, and you get a very balanced diet. You’d be surprised that we can get pretty much all required nutrients from animal, seafood and plant based foods.
Sustained weight loss
Most people experience weight loss and muscle growth while eating a paleo diet and keeping an active lifestyle. Improved metabolic processes and gut health, better sleep, stress management, sufficient Vitamin D and a healthy ratio of Omega-3/6 fatty acids all aid in burning off stored body fat.
The hCG diet is a restriction diet based on 500 calories a day, supplemented with either a daily injection of hCG hormone or with oral hCG drops. The hCG diet claims that you can lose a pound a day. This will be due to the lack of calories and also the influence of the drug.
How Does the HCG Diet Work?
The idea behind hCG diets in general is that the hormone allows your body to access fat stores more quickly than normal. Instead of losing bone and muscle mass you start losing body fat right away.
When following the hCG diet plan, the theory is that the low calorie intake allows you to start losing weight, while the hCG injections or hCG drops reduce your appetite and make sure you’re burning fat rather than muscle.
The benefit of hCG diet
With HCG, your body has a constant and steady supply of energy. This keeps you from feeling hungry, tired, weak, or irritable. HCG also improves your metabolism. When dieting without HCG, and especially when eating only a couple meals a day, your body thinks you are starving, your metabolism slows down, you become hungry all the time, and your body begins to store any extra calories it may get because it does not know when the next meal will come or if it will be big enough to satisfy its nutritional requirements. And when you are done dieting without HCG, your body stays in that defensive mode of increased hunger, decreased metabolism, and storing all the calories it can until you have gained back all the weight you have lost and sometimes more. It does this as a precaution in the event that you should ever “starve” again, or in other words go on another diet. This does not happen with HCG.
On the HCG weight loss, a natural hormone is telling your body to mobilize and utilize its own reserves, filling the blood stream with a constant supply of energy and nutrients. This enables you to diet safely and comfortably lose up to a pound or more every day until you reach a healthy weight.
Everyone seems to be concerned about aging these days. People take special preparations and treatments to reverse the natural process of aging.
The keys to anti-aging are good nutrition, good digestion, and good circulation. These things enhance our ability to continually clean, refresh, and renew ourselves.
Here are some of the many anti-aging secrets that we’ll help you explore:
- The antioxidants in colorful vegetables and fruits help stop unstable molecules from damaging healthy cells.
- Antioxidants like vitamin C can even help keep your skin younger-looking.
- A powerful antioxidant in grapes, called resveratrol, may help lower your odds of getting cancer, heart disease, and premature aging.
- While a nutritious diet accounts the benefits derived from a healthy lifestyle, exercise cannot be ignored.
A daily meal plan is an important part of your diabetes management, along with physical activity, blood sugar (glucose) checks and, often, diabetes medications.
There is no one meal plan that works for everybody with diabetes. NutriSure can help you make a meal plan that best meets your needs and lifestyle.
Dietary Guidelines at a Glance:
- Build healthy eating patterns
- Balance your calories to manage your weight
- Increase your intake of nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy and protein, and healthy fats/oils
- Reduce your intake of sodium, fats, added sugars, refined grains and alcohol
Making changes to your diet is a proven way to help control high blood pressure. These changes can also help you lose weight and lower your chance of heart disease and stroke.
The low-salt Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet is proven to help lower blood pressure. Its effects on blood pressure are sometimes seen within a few weeks.
DASH diet is rich in important nutrients and fiber. It also includes foods that are higher in potassium, calcium, and magnesium but lower in sodium (salt). Study shows that to prevent or fight high blood pressure and keep the heart healthy is to boost the amount of potassium at the same time reducing our sodium intake.
Sure Cell dietitian can help you create a healthy meal plan that best suit you!
Arthritis means inflammation of a joint–no more, no less. The fact that a person has arthritis tells nothing about the cause or the cure. Joints can be inflamed as a result of an injury. Uric acid crystals can accumulate in the joints causing gouty arthritis. The causes of all these forms of arthritis are known and once the causes are stopped the joints heal.
Eating a healthy well-balanced diet is important for everyone. But if you have arthritis, a well-balanced diet is essential. The two most important things to think about are:
- keeping your weight down,
- building strong cartilage, and reducing inflammation, which is all important for people with arthritis.
Research has discovered several links between arthritis and diet, so it’s still worth thinking about what you eat. Several of the diet and lifestyle changes which are useful for arthritis are also useful for heart and circulation health, including exercise and omega-3 fatty acids. If you have any type of arthritis you should try to eat:
- a balanced and varied diet to get all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients you need
- a more Mediterranean-style diet which includes fish, pulses, nuts, olive oil and plenty of fruit and vegetables
- more omega-3 fatty acids, for example from oily fish.
- You should also exercise regularly.
Hyperlipidemia is a common risk factor for the development of cardiovascular disease. Elevated concentrations of blood lipids, particularly LDL cholesterol, are a significant risk factor for atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
Diet and exercise can have a beneficial effect on serum levels of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, and triglycerides.
Dietary factors that influence lipid levels include modification of nutritional components, consumption of specific foods and major dietary approaches.
The key nutritional interventions are as follows:
- Diet: Vegetarian, low–fat, nondairy, high in soluble fiber. Avoid trans fats.
- Nutrition consultation to advise patient in above diet and arrange follow–up.
- Smoking cessation.
- Exercise prescription (patient–specific).
- Alcohol restriction for hypertriglyceridemia.
- Combined Changes in Diet and Exercise
Because dietary approaches tend to lower total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, and exercise tends to raise HDL cholesterol levels and lower triglyceride levels, it seems logical to combine these approaches.
Nutritional or vitamin deficiency anemia refers to a reduced RBC count due to a poor diet which is deficient in iron, folate and / or vitamin B12
Common symptoms of anemia can include:
- Lack of energy
- Feeling faint
- Sensation of heart racing
- Loss of breath
Dietary management of anemia
A balanced diet can help to reduce the risk of developing this condition; it can also be a way to help treat the symptoms of anemia. A lack of iron in your body is one of the most common causes of nutritional deficiency anemia. Without a sufficient amount of iron your body will be unable to produce enough hemoglobin for RBC. So in order for your body to produce hemoglobin it needs a good source of iron. The treatment of nutritional deficiency anemia, whether it is in children or adults, is with vitamin supplements and mineral rich foods. Additionally Vitamin C helps your body absorb iron. A diet that meets the dietary guidelines will ordinarily have enough iron, folate, and vitamin B 12 to prevent anemia.
MSc (Food and Nutrition, DU) – BSc (Food and Nutrition, DU)
Consultant, Diet & Nutrition
M.Phil in Nutrition and Food Science (INFS, DU) B. Sc (Hons) in Food and Nutrition (KU)
Consultant, Diet & Nutrition Former Research Assistant, FAO Projects. Trained in Malaysia
MSc (Food and Nutrition, DU) – BSc (Food and Nutrition, DU)
Consultant, Diet & Nutrition